jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From debussy007 <debussy...@gmail.com>
Subject Cache MySQL data ?
Date Tue, 23 Feb 2010 11:48:20 GMT

Hi,

I would like to know if JCS would speed up my application. I describe very
shortly the application:

The application consists of multiple servers listening for messages
(Strings) received through Sockets. Each message is processed by separate
tasks (Threads) managed in a ThreadPool. There may be more than 1000 of
messages in second per server, so that's more than thousands of tasks
queuing in the ThreadPool and I want those to be executed as fast as
possible, and some of them have to connect to a MySQL DB, through JDBC. The
data that needs to be read from MySQL is infrequently changed and it is
updated by a website in PHP.

Questions:

* Is it a good idea here to use JCS to cache the MySQL data instead of
accesing them each time using JDBC ? I am not sure if a remote cache (as
there are multiple servers accessing it should thus be remote) will be
faster then a MySQL connection and query. If so, who should store the data
in JCS ?

* As the MySQL data is updated by a separate application (in this case, a
php website), how should I update the cache so that the servers have the
latest updates ?

Thank you for any help.