jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Aaron Smuts <asm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Remove dependency for concurrent.jar
Date Thu, 27 Aug 2009 15:21:21 GMT
In my first email, I pointed out several things that would need to be changed.  You can simply
search for the util concurrent import and find them all.  "EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent"

ClockDaemon is used more than the poooled executor. . . .

Yes, there is a backport for JDK 1.4.  A backport implements something available only in a
new version.  In this case, the backport is of the 1.5 concurrent library.  This allows you
to compile and run in 1.4.  But if you are running 1.5 or later, you don't need to backport
jar.

There are some subtle changes between the two.  But it should be perfectly possible to get
it working in a few days.  Take a crack at it if you want.  I'll get to it in about two weeks.

Aaron