jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Tore Halset <hal...@pvv.ntnu.no>
Subject Re: Configure JCS in horizontally clustered environment
Date Thu, 27 Aug 2009 20:08:26 GMT
Hello.

My current cache has 8000 entries with a total size of 24GB. On the
ext3 filesystem for this cache, there is 52493589 free inodes, so it
should be able to handle a lot more cache entries..

I just did a simple test. On my computer, it takes 14 seconds to
create 1000000 files in a single directory. Reading a single of those
files takes "no" time. Deleting them takes 10 seconds. A filesystem is
pretty fast.

$ date ; (seq 1000000 | xargs touch) ; date
Thu Aug 27 22:00:49 CEST 2009
Thu Aug 27 22:01:03 CEST 2009
$ date ; cat 12345 ; date
Thu Aug 27 22:01:29 CEST 2009
Thu Aug 27 22:01:29 CEST 2009
$ date ; (seq 1000000 | xargs rm) ; date
Thu Aug 27 22:01:50 CEST 2009
Thu Aug 27 22:02:00 CEST 2009

You should probably do your own benchmarking with test data closer to
your domain.

  - Tore.