jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Silvano <m...@ipsoft.it>
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2009 08:01:25 GMT
Dear All,

I'm using the Indexed Disk Cache in my application and I encountered
some strange behavior that I try to summarize following.

The steps are:
1. I fill in the cache using a preliminary job which goal is to
"warm-up" the cache.
2. When I try to retrieve the same items put in cache during the step
one, it seems they are not in cache, or at least some of them are missing.
REMARK: As you can see in the configuration chunk below, the elements
are eternal.

I have already found a problem in the "MaxKeySize" parameter that was
too small, but after fixing it, the problem is still there :-(

So my questions are:
1. Is it possible that the "MaxPurgatorySize" can lead to this kind of
problem? I set it to 5000
2. What are the drawbacks if I set "MaxPurgatorySize" equal to -1
(infinite)? Is there the risk to obtain memory exceptions?
3. What are your suggestions to debug/solve the problem?

Following some details of the configuration:

# DEFAULTS
jcs.default=DC
jcs.default.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
jcs.default.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=1000
jcs.default.cacheattributes.DiskUsagePatternName=UPDATE

# REGION
jcs.region.Common=DC
jcs.region.Common.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
jcs.region.Common.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=50
jcs.region.Common.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache
jcs.region.Common.cacheattributes.UseMemoryShrinker=true
jcs.region.Common.cacheattributes.MaxMemoryIdleTimeSeconds=30
jcs.region.Common.cacheattributes.ShrinkerIntervalSeconds=20

jcs.region.Common.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAttributes
jcs.region.Common.elementattributes.IsEternal=true

jcs.region.Common.elementattributes.IsSpool=true
jcs.region.Common.elementattributes.IsRemote=false
jcs.region.Common.elementattributes.IsLateral=true

# AUX
jcs.auxiliary.DC=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCacheFactory
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCacheAttributes
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.DiskPath=/usr/local/ptt/liferay/pttCache
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.MaxPurgatorySize=5000
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.MaxKeySize=1000000

If You need the full .ccf I can send you!

Thanks in advance,
    Silvano.