jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Kesselman <jef...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: memory cache not written out to disk on shutdown?
Date Wed, 19 Aug 2009 20:42:47 GMT
as someone else mentioned, if your concerned about retaining your cached
data you really shouldn't be waiting til shut down to try to save it.  Use
UPDATE and save it as you go, which is what i do in my remotes and it works
fine.

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 4:27 PM, Stuart Maclean
<stuart@apl.washington.edu>wrote:

> Well, I print out some debug in my VM shutdown listener after the call to
> CCF.shutdown and the debug appears, so I assume the shutdown call is firing.
>
> I'll install the 1.3.3.5-RC version.  Do I use the existing pom do you
> know, or copy the pom to a new one and tweak?
>
> Stuart
>

> On Aug 19, 2009, at 1:08 PM, Aaron Smuts wrote:
>
>  You can download the latest temp build and put it in your local maven
>> repo.  You aren't forced to only use a remote repo with maven.  No one would
>> use maven otherwise.  You wouldn't be able to use your own libraries. . . .
>>
>> Running in INFO log level is fine.
>>
>> "Disk cache not shutdown properly, shutting down now."  Shouldn't show up
>> if shutdown was called.  That's only called if the vm shutdown listener
>> detects the shutdown.  That won't flush memory, it will merely write the key
>> file to disk.  To get the memory contents to disk, you have to do an orderly
>> shutdown.  Are you sure the listener works?
>>
>> Can you past in the logs after shutdown is called.
>>
>> You can also configure the region to use the DiskUsagePatternName=UPDATE.
>>
>> Aaron

>>> DISPOSE, [OpenStreetMaps] fromRemote [false]