jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Avanti Nagalia" <ANaga...@manh.com>
Subject RE: RemoveUponRemotePut not working.
Date Thu, 16 Jul 2009 14:47:27 GMT
Thank you Aaron and Niall for your inputs.

We have the remote cache working in the POC with the max size set to 0. We found another way
to determine the behavior - by printing stats (cache.getStats()) before we do a cache.get().
One of the things that gets printed out is the list size which tallied with the expected fewer
number of elements in the cache after invalidation. 

Thanks,
Avanti

-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron Smuts [mailto:asmuts@yahoo.com] 
Sent: Monday, July 13, 2009 4:32 PM
To: JCS Users List
Subject: RE: RemoveUponRemotePut not working.


Yes, the local will get the item from the remote.  This is clearly what's happening.  

If on the remote server you set the max size to 0 and don't use a disk cache, the remote won't
store any data.

Aaron

--- On Mon, 7/13/09, Avanti Nagalia <ANagalia@manh.com> wrote:

> From: Avanti Nagalia <ANagalia@manh.com>
> Subject: RE: RemoveUponRemotePut not working.
> To: "JCS Users List" <jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org>
> Date: Monday, July 13, 2009, 9:18 AM
> A] A quick update, a person on our
> team thought that the behavior could be because when we
> print the elements from cache to check Client2's contents,
> we call cache.get(); and on doing a cache.get(), JCS seems
> to do the following steps:
> 
> 1. Check whether the element is available in the local
> cache.
> 2. If not present locally then get the same from remote
> cache server.
> And hence, invalidation works, but the updated element is
> always printed because it comes from the server.
> 
> Could you please validate this behavior.
> 
> B] Also, is there a way to turn off the cache on the
> server? We only need the server for relaying invalidation
> requests to other clients; not for actually caching data.
> The reason for this is:
> 1. We have huge objects (over a meg in size each) and hence
> transporting them to the server would have bandwidth
> restrictions.
> 2. Race conditions would need to be resolved. If the two
> objects are updated together, the update to the cache server
> is async, how would the server know which one to keep and
> which to discard?
> 
> For the above two reasons, we don't want the central server
> to cache and just relay the invalidation requests to other
> clients. Please let me know if there is a way to achieve
> that with JCS cache.
> 
> Thanks,
> Avanti
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Avanti Nagalia 
> Sent: Monday, July 13, 2009 10:41 AM
> To: JCS Users List
> Subject: RE: RemoveUponRemotePut not working.
> 
> Aaron, the clients do seem to be connected to the server,
> as the data is being replicated from one client to the
> other. The logs for the two clients as well as the server
> are printed below. I've also listed the client class at the
> end.
> 
> The steps that I'm doing are:
> 1. Add elements 0, 1 and 2 to client 1's cache. (At this
> point the server's admin servlet showed 3 elements too.)
> 2. Add element 0 to client 2's cache.
> 3. Expected Result: Element 0 in Client 1 should be
> removed.
>    Actual Result:   Element 0
> in Client 1 gets updated with the latest value.
> 
> +++++++++++++++++
> + Client 1's Logs:
> +++++++++++++++++
> 
> C:\apps\JCS>java -classpath
> C:\apps\JCS;C:\apps\JCS\com\manh\jcs\dc\client;C:\apps\JCS\lib\commons-logging-1.0.4.jar;C:\apps\JCS\lib\concurrent.j
> ar;C:\apps\JCS\lib\jcs-1.3.jar;C:\apps\JCS\lib\jcschart-1.1.0.jar
> com.manh.jcs.dc.client.JCSClient
> Jul 13, 2009 8:53:09 AM
> org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheManager
> configure
> INFO: Creating cache manager from config file: /cache.ccf
> Jul 13, 2009 8:53:09 AM
> org.apache.jcs.utils.threadpool.ThreadPoolManager
> loadConfig
> INFO: thread_pool.default PoolConfiguration = useBoundary =
> [true] boundarySize = [2000] maximumPoolSize = [150]
> minimumPoolSize = [4] keepAliveT
> ime = [300000] whenBlockedPolicy = [RUN] startUpSize = [4]
> Jul 13, 2009 8:53:09 AM
> org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheConfigurator
> setDefaultAuxValues
> INFO: Setting default auxiliaries to RFailover
> Jul 13, 2009 8:53:09 AM
> org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheConfigurator
> setDefaultCompositeCacheAttributes
> INFO: setting defaultCompositeCacheAttributes to [
> useLateral = true, useRemote = true, useDisk = true, maxObjs
> = 100000, maxSpoolPerRun = -1, di
> skUsagePattern = 0 ]
> Jul 13, 2009 8:53:09 AM
> org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheConfigurator
> setDefaultElementAttributes
> INFO: setting defaultElementAttributes to [ IS_LATERAL =
> false, IS_SPOOL = false, IS_REMOTE = false, IS_ETERNAL =
> false, MaxLifeSeconds = 21600,
> IdleTime = 1800, CreateTime = 1247489589828, LastAccessTime
> = 1247489589828, getTimeToLiveSeconds() = 21600, createTime
> = 1247489589828 ]
> Jul 13, 2009 8:53:09 AM
> org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache initialize
> INFO: initialized LRUMemoryCache for testCache1
> Jul 13, 2009 8:53:09 AM
> org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCache <init>
> INFO: Constructed cache with name [testCache1] and cache
> attributes [ useLateral = true, useRemote = true, useDisk =
> true, maxObjs = 100000, maxS
> poolPerRun = 500, diskUsagePattern = 0 ]
> Jul 13, 2009 8:53:12 AM
> org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.RemoteCacheManager
> addRemoteCacheListener
> INFO: The remote cache is configured to receive events from
> the remote server.  We will register a listener.
> Jul 13, 2009 8:53:12 AM
> org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheConfigurator
> parseRegions
> INFO: Parsed regions [testCache1]
> Jul 13, 2009 8:53:12 AM
> org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheConfigurator
> doConfigure
> INFO: Finished configuration in 3004 ms.
> Please Enter Command 'P' / 'Q' : 
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++>>>>>>>>>
> I am adding elements 0, 1 and 2 here to Client 1.
> 3
> Jul 13, 2009 8:53:20 AM
> org.apache.jcs.engine.CacheEventQueue put
> INFO: Cache event queue created: CacheEventQueue
> [listenerId=2, cacheName=testCache1]
> Adding 0=522585184
> Adding 1=846962689
> Adding 2=1378052784
> Please Enter Command 'P' / 'Q' :
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++>>>>>>>>>
> I'm printing Client 1's cache contents. (Note the change in
> element 0's value.)
> P
> Key: 0 = 860014859
> Key: 1 = 846962689
> Key: 2 = 1378052784
> Please Enter Command 'P' / 'Q' :
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++>>>>>>>>>
> Quitting the client.
> Q
> C:\apps\JCS>
> 
> +++++++++++++++++
> + Client 2's Logs:
> +++++++++++++++++
> C:\apps\JCS>java -classpath
> C:\apps\JCS;C:\apps\JCS\com\manh\jcs\dc\client;C:\apps\JCS\lib\commons-logging-1.0.4.jar;C:\apps\JCS\lib\concurrent.j
> ar;C:\apps\JCS\lib\jcs-1.3.jar;C:\apps\JCS\lib\jcschart-1.1.0.jar
> com.manh.jcs.dc.client.JCSClient
> Jul 13, 2009 8:53:05 AM
> org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheManager
> configure
> INFO: Creating cache manager from config file: /cache.ccf
> Jul 13, 2009 8:53:05 AM
> org.apache.jcs.utils.threadpool.ThreadPoolManager
> loadConfig
> INFO: thread_pool.default PoolConfiguration = useBoundary =
> [true] boundarySize = [2000] maximumPoolSize = [150]
> minimumPoolSize = [4] keepAliveT
> ime = [300000] whenBlockedPolicy = [RUN] startUpSize = [4]
> Jul 13, 2009 8:53:05 AM
> org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheConfigurator
> setDefaultAuxValues
> INFO: Setting default auxiliaries to RFailover
> Jul 13, 2009 8:53:06 AM
> org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheConfigurator
> setDefaultCompositeCacheAttributes
> INFO: setting defaultCompositeCacheAttributes to [
> useLateral = true, useRemote = true, useDisk = true, maxObjs
> = 100000, maxSpoolPerRun = -1, di
> skUsagePattern = 0 ]
> Jul 13, 2009 8:53:06 AM
> org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheConfigurator
> setDefaultElementAttributes
> INFO: setting defaultElementAttributes to [ IS_LATERAL =
> false, IS_SPOOL = false, IS_REMOTE = false, IS_ETERNAL =
> false, MaxLifeSeconds = 21600,
> IdleTime = 1800, CreateTime = 1247489586026, LastAccessTime
> = 1247489586026, getTimeToLiveSeconds() = 21600, createTime
> = 1247489586026 ]
> Jul 13, 2009 8:53:06 AM
> org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache initialize
> INFO: initialized LRUMemoryCache for testCache1
> Jul 13, 2009 8:53:06 AM
> org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCache <init>
> INFO: Constructed cache with name [testCache1] and cache
> attributes [ useLateral = true, useRemote = true, useDisk =
> true, maxObjs = 100000, maxS
> poolPerRun = 500, diskUsagePattern = 0 ]
> Jul 13, 2009 8:53:09 AM
> org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.RemoteCacheManager
> addRemoteCacheListener
> INFO: The remote cache is configured to receive events from
> the remote server.  We will register a listener.
> Jul 13, 2009 8:53:09 AM
> org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheConfigurator
> parseRegions
> INFO: Parsed regions [testCache1]
> Jul 13, 2009 8:53:09 AM
> org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheConfigurator
> doConfigure
> INFO: Finished configuration in 3349 ms.
> Please Enter Command 'P' / 'Q' :
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++>>>>>>>>>
> I am adding element 0 to Client 2.
> 1
> Jul 13, 2009 8:53:37 AM
> org.apache.jcs.engine.CacheEventQueue put
> INFO: Cache event queue created: CacheEventQueue
> [listenerId=1, cacheName=testCache1]
> Adding 0=860014859
> Please Enter Command 'P' / 'Q' :
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++>>>>>>>>>
> I am printing Client 2's cache contents.
> P
> Key: 0 = 860014859
> Please Enter Command 'P' / 'Q' :
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++>>>>>>>>>
> I am quitting from Client 2.
> Q
> C:\apps\JCS>
> 
> +++++++++++++++
> + Server's Logs:
> +++++++++++++++
> Jul 13, 2009 8:51:35 AM
> org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener lifecycleE
> vent
> INFO: The Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal
> performance in produ
> ction environments was not found on the java.library.path:
> C:\IBM\WebSphere\java
> \jre\bin;.;C:\IBM\WebSphere\java\jre\bin;C:\Program
> Files\JavaFX\javafx-sdk1.1\b
> in;C:\Program
> Files\JavaFX\javafx-sdk1.1\emulator\bin;C:\apps\maven\apache-maven
> -2.0.10\bin;C:\IBM\WebSphere\java\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\
> System32\Wbem;C:\PROGRA~1\IBM\CLIENT~1;C:\PROGRA~1\IBM\CLIENT~1\Shared;C:\PROGRA
> ~1\IBM\CLIENT~1\Emulator;C:\Program
> Files\Rational\common;c:\program files\borla
> nd\StarTeam SDK 2005 R2\Lib;c:\program
> files\borland\StarTeam SDK 2005 R2\Bin;C:
> \Program Files\jprofiler5\bin\windows;C:\Program
> Files\Hummingbird\Connectivity\
> 11.00\Accessories\;;C:\2008\ant\apache-ant-1.7.1\bin\;C:\jboss-4.2.2.GA\bin;C:\P
> rogram Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\
> Jul 13, 2009 8:51:35 AM
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol init
> INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
> Jul 13, 2009 8:51:35 AM
> org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load
> INFO: Initialization processed in 2003 ms
> Jul 13, 2009 8:51:35 AM
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService start
> INFO: Starting service Catalina
> Jul 13, 2009 8:51:35 AM
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine start
> INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/5.5.27
> Jul 13, 2009 8:51:35 AM
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost start
> INFO: XML validation disabled
> Jul 13, 2009 8:51:40 AM
> org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.server.RemoteCacheServer
> Factory startup
> INFO: ConfigFileName = [/cache.ccf]
> Jul 13, 2009 8:51:40 AM
> org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.server.RemoteCacheServer
> Factory startup
> INFO: Creating server with these attributes
>  remoteHost = null
>  remotePort = 0
>  cacheName = null
>  removeUponRemotePut = true
>  getOnly = false
>  allowClusterGet = false
>  localClusterConsistency = false
>  getConfigFileName = /cache.ccf
> Jul 13, 2009 8:51:40 AM
> org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheManager getU
> nconfiguredInstance
> INFO: Instance is null, creating with provided config
> Jul 13, 2009 8:51:40 AM
> org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheManager conf
> igure
> INFO: Creating cache manager from config file: /cache.ccf
> Jul 13, 2009 8:51:40 AM
> org.apache.jcs.utils.threadpool.ThreadPoolManager loadCo
> nfig
> INFO: thread_pool.default PoolConfiguration = useBoundary =
> [true] boundarySize
> = [2000] maximumPoolSize = [150] minimumPoolSize = [4]
> keepAliveTime = [300000]
> whenBlockedPolicy = [RUN] startUpSize = [4]
> Jul 13, 2009 8:51:40 AM
> org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheConfigurator
>  setDefaultAuxValues
> INFO: Setting default auxiliaries to
> Jul 13, 2009 8:51:41 AM
> org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheConfigurator
>  setDefaultCompositeCacheAttributes
> INFO: setting defaultCompositeCacheAttributes to [
> useLateral = true, useRemote
> = true, useDisk = true, maxObjs = 1000, maxSpoolPerRun =
> -1, diskUsagePattern =
> 0 ]
> Jul 13, 2009 8:51:41 AM
> org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheConfigurator
>  setDefaultElementAttributes
> INFO: setting defaultElementAttributes to [ IS_LATERAL =
> false, IS_SPOOL = false
> , IS_REMOTE = false, IS_ETERNAL = false, MaxLifeSeconds =
> 21600, IdleTime = 1800
> , CreateTime = 1247489501041, LastAccessTime =
> 1247489501041, getTimeToLiveSecon
> ds() = 21599, createTime = 1247489501041 ]
> Jul 13, 2009 8:51:41 AM
> org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache initiali
> ze
> INFO: initialized LRUMemoryCache for testCache1
> Jul 13, 2009 8:51:41 AM
> org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCache <init>
> INFO: Constructed cache with name [testCache1] and cache
> attributes [ useLateral
>  = true, useRemote = true, useDisk = true, maxObjs = 1000,
> maxSpoolPerRun = 500,
>  diskUsagePattern = 0 ]
> Jul 13, 2009 8:51:41 AM
> org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheConfigurator
>  parseRegions
> INFO: Parsed regions [testCache1]
> Jul 13, 2009 8:51:41 AM
> org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheConfigurator
>  doConfigure
> INFO: Finished configuration in 125 ms.
> Jul 13, 2009 8:51:41 AM
> org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.server.RemoteCacheServer
> Factory startup
> INFO: Binding server to 10.0.0.7:1111 with the name
> org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.rem
> ote.behavior.IRemoteCacheService
> Jul 13, 2009 8:51:42 AM
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol start
> INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
> Jul 13, 2009 8:51:43 AM org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket
> init
> INFO: JK: ajp13 listening on /0.0.0.0:8009
> Jul 13, 2009 8:51:43 AM org.apache.jk.server.JkMain start
> INFO: Jk running ID=0 time=0/94  config=null
> Jul 13, 2009 8:51:43 AM
> org.apache.catalina.storeconfig.StoreLoader load
> INFO: Find registry server-registry.xml at classpath
> resource
> Jul 13, 2009 8:51:43 AM
> org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
> INFO: Server startup in 8027 ms
> Jul 13, 2009 8:53:09 AM
> org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.server.RemoteCacheServer
>  addCacheListener
> INFO: adding vm listener under new id = [1],
> listenerAddress [10.0.0.7]
> Jul 13, 2009 8:53:09 AM
> org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.server.RemoteCacheServer
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++>>>>>>>>>
> Listener 1 added.
>  addCacheListener
> INFO: Region testCache1's listener size = 1
> Jul 13, 2009 8:53:12 AM
> org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.server.RemoteCacheServer
>  addCacheListener
> INFO: adding vm listener under new id = [2],
> listenerAddress [10.0.0.7]
> Jul 13, 2009 8:53:12 AM
> org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.server.RemoteCacheServer
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++>>>>>>>>>
> Listener 2 added.
>  addCacheListener
> INFO: Region testCache1's listener size = 2
> Jul 13, 2009 8:53:20 AM
> org.apache.jcs.engine.CacheEventQueue put
> INFO: Cache event queue created: CacheEventQueue
> [listenerId=1, cacheName=testCa
> che1]
> Jul 13, 2009 8:53:37 AM
> org.apache.jcs.engine.CacheEventQueue put
> INFO: Cache event queue created: CacheEventQueue
> [listenerId=2, cacheName=testCa
> che1]
> 
> 
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> + Also, my client class looks like this:
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> 
> package com.manh.jcs.dc.client;
> 
> import java.io.BufferedReader;
> import java.io.IOException;
> import java.io.InputStreamReader;
> import java.util.Random;
> import org.apache.jcs.JCS;
> import org.apache.jcs.access.exception.CacheException;
> 
> public class JCSClient {
> 
>     private static final String
> cacheRegionName = "testCache1";
>     private JCS cache = null;
>     private static int keyCount = 0;
> 
>     public JCSClient() {
>         try
>         {
>             setCache(
> JCS.getInstance( cacheRegionName ) );
>         }
>         catch ( CacheException e )
>         {
>            
> System.out.println( "Problem initializing cache for region
> name [" + cacheRegionName + "]");
>         }
>     }
> 
>     /**
>      * @param args
>      */
>     public static void main(String[] args)
> {
>         JCSClient test = new
> JCSClient();
>         try {
>            
> test.displayCacheContent();
>         } catch (Exception e)
> {
>            
> e.printStackTrace();
>         }
>     }
> 
>     public void displayCacheContent() throws
> CacheException {
> 
> 
>            //
> Create BufferedReader object from Standard input device.
>         // Standard input device is
> typically a keyborad.
>         BufferedReader dataIn = new
> BufferedReader(new
>                
> InputStreamReader( System.in) );
> 
>         // Prompt a user to enter P for
> Print, Q for Quit and a number for entering data into the
> cache.
>         String name = "";
>         while (!"Q".equals(name)) {
>            
> System.out.println("Please Enter Command 'P' / 'Q' :");
> 
>             try{
>                
> name = dataIn.readLine();
>             }catch(
> IOException e ){
>                
> System.out.println("Error!");
>             }
>             int i=0;
>             if
> ("P".equalsIgnoreCase(name)) {
> 
>            
>     while (i<keyCount) {
>            
>         String value =
> (String)cache.get(String.valueOf(i));
>            
>         if (value == null)
> break;
>            
>        
> System.out.println("Key: " + i + " = " + value);
>            
>         i++;
>            
>     }
>             } else  if
> (name != null) {
>            
>     int size = 0;
>            
>     try {
>            
>         size =
> Integer.parseInt(name);
>            
>         keyCount = size;
>            
>         int key = 0;
>            
>         Random r = new
> Random();
>            
>         for (key=0; key <
> size; key++) {
>            
>             int
> randint = Math.abs(r.nextInt());
>            
>            
> cache.put(String.valueOf(key), String.valueOf(key +
> randint));
>            
>            
> System.out.println("Adding " + key + "=" + (key +
> randint));
>            
>         }
>            
>     } catch (Exception e) {
>            
>         if
> (name.equals("Q"))  {
>            
>            
> System.exit(-1);
>            
>         }  else
> continue;
>            
>     }
>             }
>         }
>     }
> 
>     public JCS getCache() {
>         return cache;
>     }
> 
>     public void setCache(JCS cache) {
>         this.cache = cache;
>     }
> 
> }
> 
> Thanks,
> Avanti
> 
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Aaron Smuts [mailto:asmuts@yahoo.com]
> 
> Sent: Sunday, July 12, 2009 7:19 PM
> To: JCS Users List
> Subject: Re: RemoveUponRemotePut not working.
> 
> 
> Are you sure that the client is connected to the
> server?  The server logs should indicate a
> connection.  And the client status should not be in
> error.  
> 
> Aaron
> 
> 
> 
> --- On Fri, 7/10/09, Avanti Nagalia <ANagalia@manh.com>
> wrote:
> 
> > From: Avanti Nagalia <ANagalia@manh.com>
> > Subject: RemoveUponRemotePut not working.
> > To: jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org
> > Date: Friday, July 10, 2009, 1:16 PM
> > I'm trying a POC for synching local
> > caches in a cluster. I'm using JCS
> > Remote Cache server for the same. I have set up the
> server
> > in Tomcat on
> > my local box and am running two clients on my local
> machine
> > as well. I
> > would like to enable data invalidation instead of
> data
> > replication
> > across the clients, hence have set the property
> > RemoveUponRemotePut to
> > true. What I understand from this property is that if
> a
> > cache element is
> > present on both clients and client1 updates its local
> copy,
> > then a
> > remove request will be issued for client2 so that the
> next
> > request for
> > that element will force client2 to go to the DB to
> retrieve
> > a fresh copy
> > of the element, hence maintaining cache coherence
> across
> > the cluster.
> > 
> >  
> > 
> > What I have instead found, is that irrespective of
> whether
> > RemoveUponRemotePut is set to true or false, the
> behavior
> > is as follows:
> > 
> > 1.       Add element to Client1 .
> > 
> > 2.       Add element to Client2.
> > 
> > 3.       Update element in
> > Client1.
> > 
> > Result - The element in Client2 also gets updated with
> the
> > new value. -
> > This is not desired, I'd like the element to be
> removed
> > from Client2's
> > cache at this point, instead of the element being
> > replicated in
> > client2's cache.
> > 
> >  
> > 
> > My configuration files (both server and client) are
> listed
> > below. Could
> > you please point out what I'm making a mistake with.
> I
> > tried setting the
> > value to true and to false and I still get the same
> > behavior for both
> > settings.
> > 
> >  
> > 
> > Thanks,
> > 
> > Avanti
> > 
> >  
> > 
> > My client CCF file looks as follows:
> > 
> > # DEFAULT CACHE REGION
> > 
> > jcs.default=RFailover
> > 
> >
> jcs.default.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttribut
> > es
> > 
> > jcs.default.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=100000
> > 
> >
> jcs.default.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory
> > .lru.LRUMemoryCache
> > 
> > jcs.default.cacheattributes.UseMemoryShrinker=false
> > 
> >
> jcs.default.cacheattributes.MaxMemoryIdleTimeSeconds=3600
> > 
> >
> jcs.default.cacheattributes.ShrinkerIntervalSeconds=60
> > 
> >
> jcs.default.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAttributes
> > 
> > jcs.default.elementattributes.IsEternal=false
> > 
> > jcs.default.elementattributes.MaxLifeSeconds=21600
> > 
> > jcs.default.elementattributes.IdleTime=1800
> > 
> > jcs.default.elementattributes.IsSpool=false
> > 
> > jcs.default.elementattributes.IsRemote=false
> > 
> > jcs.default.elementattributes.IsLateral=false
> > 
> >  
> > 
> > # PRE-DEFINED CACHE REGIONS
> > 
> > jcs.region.testCache1=RFailover
> > 
> >
> jcs.region.testCache1.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCac
> > heAttributes
> > 
> >
> jcs.region.testCache1.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=100000
> > 
> >
> jcs.region.testCache1.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.eng
> > ine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache
> > 
> >
> jcs.region.testCache1.cacheattributes.UseMemoryShrinker=false
> > 
> >
> jcs.region.testCache1.cacheattributes.MaxMemoryIdleTimeSeconds=3600
> > 
> >
> jcs.region.testCache1.cacheattributes.ShrinkerIntervalSeconds=60
> > 
> >
> jcs.region.testCache1.cacheattributes.MaxSpoolPerRun=500
> > 
> >
> jcs.region.testCache1.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAtt
> > ributes
> > 
> >
> jcs.region.testCache1.elementattributes.IsEternal=false
> > 
> >  
> > 
> > # Remote RMI Cache set up to failover
> > 
> >
> jcs.auxiliary.RFailover=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.RemoteCacheFacto
> > ry
> > 
> >
> jcs.auxiliary.RFailover.attributes=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.Remot
> > eCacheAttributes
> > 
> >
> jcs.auxiliary.RFailover.attributes.FailoverServers=localhost:1111
> > 
> >
> jcs.auxiliary.RFailover.attributes.RemoveUponRemotePut=true
> > 
> > jcs.auxiliary.RFailover.attributes.GetOnly=false
> > 
> >  
> > 
> > The server's cache.ccf file looks as follows:
> > 
> > registry.host=localhost
> > 
> > registry.port=1111
> > 
> > remote.cache.service.port=1111
> > 
> > remote.cache.rmiSocketFactoryTimeoutMillis=5000
> > 
> > remote.cluster.LocalClusterConsistency=false
> > 
> > remote.cluster.AllowClusterGet=false
> > 
> > #
> > 
> > # DEFAULT CACHE REGION
> > 
> > jcs.default=
> > 
> >
> jcs.default.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttribut
> > es
> > 
> > jcs.default.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=1000
> > 
> >
> jcs.default.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory
> > .lru.LRUMemoryCache
> > 
> > jcs.default.cacheattributes.UseMemoryShrinker=false
> > 
> >
> jcs.default.cacheattributes.MaxMemoryIdleTimeSeconds=3600
> > 
> >
> jcs.default.cacheattributes.ShrinkerIntervalSeconds=60
> > 
> >
> jcs.default.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAttributes
> > 
> > jcs.default.elementattributes.IsEternal=false
> > 
> > jcs.default.elementattributes.MaxLifeSeconds=21600
> > 
> > jcs.default.elementattributes.IdleTime=1800
> > 
> > jcs.default.elementattributes.IsSpool=false
> > 
> > jcs.default.elementattributes.IsRemote=false
> > 
> > jcs.default.elementattributes.IsLateral=false
> > 
> > #
> > 
> > # PRE-DEFINED CACHE REGIONS
> > 
> > jcs.region.testCache1=
> > 
> >
> jcs.region.testCache1.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCac
> > heAttributes
> > 
> > jcs.region.testCache1.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=1000
> > 
> >
> jcs.region.testCache1.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.eng
> > ine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache
> > 
> >
> jcs.region.testCache1.cacheattributes.UseMemoryShrinker=false
> > 
> >
> jcs.region.testCache1.cacheattributes.MaxMemoryIdleTimeSeconds=3600
> > 
> >
> jcs.region.testCache1.cacheattributes.ShrinkerIntervalSeconds=60
> > 
> >
> jcs.region.testCache1.cacheattributes.MaxSpoolPerRun=500
> > 
> >
> jcs.region.testCache1.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAtt
> > ributes
> > 
> >
> jcs.region.testCache1.elementattributes.IsEternal=false
> > 
> > jcs.region.testCache1.elementattributes.IsSpool=false
> > 
> >
> jcs.region.testCache1.elementattributes.IsRemote=false
> > 
> >
> jcs.region.testCache1.elementattributes.IsLateral=false
> > 
> > jcs.region.testCache1.elementattributes.IdleTime=1800
> > 
> >
> jcs.region.testCache1.elementattributes.MaxLifeSeconds=21600
> > 
> >  
> > 
> > 
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: jcs-users-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: jcs-users-help@jakarta.apache.org
> 
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: jcs-users-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: jcs-users-help@jakarta.apache.org
> 
> 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: jcs-users-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: jcs-users-help@jakarta.apache.org


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: jcs-users-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: jcs-users-help@jakarta.apache.org


Mime
View raw message