jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Aaron Smuts <asm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Remote Cache Server unregistering Client
Date Wed, 20 May 2009 15:42:26 GMT

I'm not sure what the problem is, but I recommend using the latest temp build.  You can inject
an event logger into both the server and the client.  You could monitor them directly if you
have some way to monitor your custom even logs.  There are new major API addition.  Also,
there are a bunch of minor improvements in the latest version.  Many logging improvements
as well.   . . . Again, I'm not sure why this is happening.

How often dos this happen?  How long after restart does it happen?

We might need to build in a way for you get get the list of clients from the server. Some
simple server admin page might help.  Hmmn.  You might want to check the status of the client
by looking at the stats on the JCSAdmin.jsp for a region.  The listener should indicate its
health.

Aaron

----- Original Message ----
From: sachamul <sacha_mul@yahoo.com>
To: jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 9:46:42 AM
Subject: Re: Remote Cache Server unregistering Client

Hi Aaron,
I am using 1.3.

There were no errors in the log.

Yesterday we bounced three clients because it seemed like it was not
registered, then later we saw that another client got disconnected. We
bounced that also. From past 24 hrs things look ok.

I monitor the connection between Remote Server and Client regularly (on the
Remote Server) using netstat.  Some times the Remote Server disconnects to a
client and then reconnects, but sometimes it never attempts to connect
again.

The JCS documentation says “The remote cache server broadcasts updates to
listeners other than the originating source. If the remote cache fails to
propagate an update to a client, it will retry for a configurable number of
tries before de-registering the client.”

Our applications receives 800 req/sec, 24/7 and there are a lots of hits on
the client and the Remote Cache. Is there a chance that the Remote Server
tries to deliver an update to the client and the client does not respond,
due to which the Remote Server de-registers the client and never sends any
updates to it again.

Thanks,
Sachin