jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From sachamul <sacha_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Remote Cache Server unregistering Client
Date Wed, 20 May 2009 13:46:42 GMT

Hi Aaron,
 I am using 1.3.

There were no errors in the log.

Yesterday we bounced three clients because it seemed like it was not
registered, then later we saw that another client got disconnected. We
bounced that also. From past 24 hrs things look ok.

I monitor the connection between Remote Server and Client regularly (on the
Remote Server) using netstat.  Some times the Remote Server disconnects to a
client and then reconnects, but sometimes it never attempts to connect
again.

The JCS documentation says “The remote cache server broadcasts updates to
listeners other than the originating source. If the remote cache fails to
propagate an update to a client, it will retry for a configurable number of
tries before de-registering the client.”

Our applications receives 800 req/sec, 24/7 and there are a lots of hits on
the client and the Remote Cache. Is there a chance that the Remote Server
tries to deliver an update to the client and the client does not respond,
due to which the Remote Server de-registers the client and never sends any
updates to it again.

Thanks,
Sachin