jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From JCSUser <dipeshsoftw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Latest version is 1.3 - please confirm
Date Thu, 30 Apr 2009 23:22:09 GMT

Hi Al,

Thanks for replying and providing the link to release candidate. I look
forward to official release announcement.

I have tried version 1.3 as well as rc version, do you have any idea when
the code will move to Java's concurrent classes. It seems rc is still
dependent on concurrent classes provided here
http://gee.cs.oswego.edu/dl/classes/EDU/oswego/cs/dl/util/concurrent/intro.html

If I don't build and point to concurrent.jar from above location I get
runtime error

xception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
EDU/oswego/cs/dl/util/concurrent/Channel
	at
org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheManager.configure(CompositeCacheManager.java:316)
	at
org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheManager.configure(CompositeCacheManager.java:272)
	at
org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheManager.configure(CompositeCacheManager.java:261)
	at
org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheManager.configure(CompositeCacheManager.java:211)
	at
org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCacheManager.getInstance(CompositeCacheManager.java:127)
	at org.apache.jcs.JCS.ensureCacheManager(JCS.java:96)
	at org.apache.jcs.JCS.getInstance(JCS.java:80)

But when I went there to check the usage of Channel class I could not find
in CompositeCacheManager.java (I got the latest trunk from
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/jakarta/jcs/trunk/ )

I am trying to figure out how much code changes needs to be done to make JCS
free of any external dependency and try to utilize the classes provided by
java 1.5 onwards.

Thanks!