jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Jan Swaelens <jan.swael...@sofico.be>
Subject Relation between client and remote server cache regions
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2009 10:42:45 GMT
I understand that the client cache needs to configure its cache regions
and auxiliaries (incl the RemoteCacheFactory) to establish the client
cache configuration.
I also understand that the remote server needs to be configured with the
registry(host, port, behavior) information to establish the server.
What I don't quite get is how to configure the cache regions of the cache
server.
> Configuring regions on the cache server is obviously required (I get
errors when I don't)
> When I configure a region called X with let's say a disk auxiliary => I
still see the regions A and B as defined by the cache clients when I
access the JCSAdmin page, nothing to be seen of the region X
I wonder how I should configure the regions of my cache server and how
these client and server regions work together.

Thanks for helping me understand this puzzle!