jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Aaron Smuts <asm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Newbee - hierarchical caching and getMatching method
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2009 17:35:26 GMT

The getMatching API has nothing to do with the colon convention.

The getMatching API allows you to use string pattern matching to retrieve items.  Your keys
have to be strings to use it.  It even works with the JBDC disk cache, if you only use patterns
that can be converted into like queries.

The colon convention simply allows you to remove items with string keys that match the substring.

I suppose we need a removeMatching method as well.

Aaron