jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Yaswanth <yaswanth.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Implementing Remote Cache using JCS .
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2009 15:57:29 GMT

Hi,

I am trying to implement Remote Cache using JCS.

Below is my Server and Client Code. Here are my
http://www.nabble.com/file/p22541180/remote.cache.server.ccf Server   and
http://www.nabble.com/file/p22541180/remote.cache.client.ccf Client  Cache
configuration files.

My ServerCode :
RemoteCacheServerFactory.main(new String[]{"/remote.cache.server.ccf"});

My Client1 Code :
JCS.setConfigFilename( "/remote.cache.client.ccf" );
JCS cache = JCS.getInstance( "testCache" );
cache.put("Key"+i, "Value"+i); // So many times.. While loop

My Client2 Code :
JCS.setConfigFilename( "/remote.cache.client.ccf" );
JCS cache = JCS.getInstance( "testCache" );
cache.get("Key"+i); // So many times. While loop

I am running a JCS Remote Server and Starting Two Remote Clients.

Using One client i am adding 10K Objects into  cache and after that i am
using using another client i am retrieving them. At this time my average
retrieval time is 2.3 Seconds.

When i rerun the test case with 100K objects . My average retrieval rate is
302 Seconds.

I observed that my retrieval rates are very slow, which i think shouldn't
be. Can anyone point out where the problem is ?

Thanks,
Yaswanth