jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From cj22 <chrisjohns...@gmail.com>
Subject Item lifespan based on last access?
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2008 02:25:35 GMT

Hello,

I was wondering if there was a way to keep an item in the cache alive based
on its access time.  Currently the MaxLifeSeconds is based upon the creation
of the key, regardless of how many accesses it has.  I would like to keep an
object in the cache until it stops being used.

Is there anyway to configure JCS to do this?

A possible workaround would be to re-put the key on every access but I would
rather avoid doing all the extra coding to make the change.

Also I could not find a configuration to flush the disk cache on server
start (or stop).  The help pages seemed to hint at it, but I could not find
the params for it.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Chris