jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Hans Liebenberg <h...@cambrient.com>
Subject Lateral Cache - Broadcast Removes only
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2008 09:34:49 GMT
Hi,

We currently use JCS on a single instance using a basic memory cache.
This has worked perfectly for us, but now we have the need for our
software to reside in a clustered env.
What I essentially want is a TCP Lateral cache where each node's cache
acts independently of one another using LRUMemory cache, except they
should broadcast "removes" so that the other nodes can clear the
specified key in the region.
No need for object serialization across the network, i.e no gets or puts
need to be broadcasted.

Our code always does a remove before a put, so a simple remove broadcast
should suffice.

I have experimented with various settings but can't seem to get it right
so now I am thinking its not actually possible.

I was hoping setting AllowGet=false and Receive=false would do the
trick, but that seems to block removes too.

I also experimented with the IssueRemoveOnPut but then I get the
expected back and forth removals between the nodes, i.e only one node
can have the object cached at anyone time. I know I am then meant to set
FilterRemoveByHashCode to true, but it won't be easy generating sensible
hashcodes.

So is there any other way to achieve a "broadcast removes only" type
config? Or any other recommendations?

Thanks
Hans