jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Niall Gallagher <ni...@switchfire.com>
Subject Re: Use JCS API to remove certain regions from JCS config programmly?
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2008 11:27:46 GMT
Hi Ray,

You can configure JCS programmatically. However once an instance of JCS
is running, you can't reconfigure it on the fly.

So your application will need to decide at startup and depending on its
environment how it wants to configure JCS. It can then configure JCS
programmatically by building a Properties object containing the same
settings that you would include in an appropriate ccf file.

For example if your application doesn't need a certain region to be
configured when (say) your deployment team sets a certain system
property, then your code which builds the Properties object can omit the
relevant region.

Niall