jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From "Betten, Thorben" <thorben.bet...@open-xchange.com>
Subject Re: Default element event handler working for lateral/remote elements, too?
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2008 06:38:14 GMT
Hi all,

is it possible to verify that (bug) in source code?
If so: Where is the does the applying of default element event handlers take
place?

Maybe explaining my basic idea would help:
I want to be notified about certain laterally/remotely put cache elements.
("certain" means they have a flag set in their member variables)

To do so, those elements are put into cache with a very small idle time
value through altering their element attributes. Moreover the default
element attributes have an event handler applied, which tracks both
idle-time-caused-removals (on request and on shrinker removal) and then
notifies that such a certain cache element left the cache. The fact that an
element left the cache implicitly says that it has been put before...

I know this is kind of dirty hacking just for actually being noticed about a
remote put.
Does anyone know a better way to accomplish that?

Help would be appreciated.

Aaron Smuts <asmuts@yahoo.com> hat am 19. September 2008 um 05:20
geschrieben: