jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Raybao <ray...@gmail.com>
Subject Use JCS API to remove certain regions from JCS config programmly?
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2008 16:59:26 GMT

I'm trying to add JCS into one of my current project. Here are what I have
done so far.
 I have created several Regions, and defined them into cache.ccf. Some
regions I assigned auxiliary.lateral to them, since they need be Sync.ed
between two servers.  Some regions have no need to be Sync.ed since they are
"Constants" and values never change after loaded.
   I have tested it, and it works fine.
 Now I have a question, we have a systemConfig.properties file to define
configuration options system wide,
I added a new option "UseCacheRegion",  which will be followed by a list of
region names, separated by comma, then in our application, we have one Cache
layer on the top of DAO objects,  everytime an object is called from upper
modules,  the first thing  we check is region which this object belongs is
"enabled" or not in the systemConifg.preoperties,  if it's not enabled, we
will skip the Cache layer.
This works fine except one issue,  For those regions with auxiliary.lateral
configured in chace.ccf,
even they are never called from our java codes,  they are always started
looking for the remote server by the JCS initalization process.
The whole idea is that since we have a separate team other than out
development team to do the deployment job,  the deployment team is able to
update systemConfig.properties file to enable/disable certain region, but we
don't want them to mess up with the cache.ccf.   Once a region is disabled,
then we don't want JCS to do anything with them.
 I think I should be able to use JCS API to configure this programmly(be
able to remove those regions from JCS config, if they are disabled in our
systemConfig.properties).

Thanks.
Ray