jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From "Tim Cronin" <tcro...@interwoven.com>
Subject RE: JDBC not working as expected
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2008 21:31:45 GMT
What do you have DiskUsagePattern set to?

I think I saw if you set it to update it will write to the DB.

-----Original Message-----
From: danparker [mailto:daniel.parker@chordiant.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2008 2:55 PM
To: jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: JDBC not working as expected

I changed the db url and it blow up as expected. The logs not showing us
writing into the database

My understanding from reading the docs and the various posts is that

- It writes to memory
- It writes items to purgatory and additionally to the db

What seems to be happening is

- Writes to memory
- Writes to purgatory but only spools to disk when it's full

Dan

<daniel.parker@chordiant.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> I've now got some logging coming out and it's saying that it's
putting
>> stuff
>> on the disk, but we don't see it. We're connected to Oracle and I
noticed
>> the code just closes the connection but doesn't commit any
transaction
>> could
>> this be the issue?
>>

>> Aaron Smuts wrote:
>>>
>>> Hmmn.  This might be a problem with groups and the JDBC disk cache.
>>> I'll
>>> have to look into it.  In any case, groups are deprecated.  I don't
>>> recommend using them.
>>>
>>> Aaron

org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.jdbc.JDBCDiskCache.doesElementExist(JDBCDi
skCache.java:392)

org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.jdbc.JDBCDiskCache.doUpdate(JDBCDiskCache.
java:244)

org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.AbstractDiskCache$MyCacheListener.handlePu
t(AbstractDiskCache.java:603)

org.apache.jcs.engine.CacheEventQueue$PutEvent.doRun(CacheEventQueue.jav
a:688)

org.apache.jcs.engine.CacheEventQueue$AbstractCacheEvent.run(CacheEventQ
ueue.java:607)

org.apache.jcs.engine.CacheEventQueue$QProcessor.run(CacheEventQueue.jav
a:575)

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCS-26?page=com.atlassian.jira.plu
gin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#action_12490995

http://jakarta.apache.org/jcs/apidocs/org/apache/jcs/engine/behavior/ICo
mpositeCacheAttributes.html