jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From "Tim Cronin" <tcro...@interwoven.com>
Subject Disk cache optimizations
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2008 22:26:22 GMT
We had a problem with the following settings.

The the values set accordingly
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.MaxPurgatorySize=100
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.OptimizeAtRemoveCount=5
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.MaxRecycleBinSize=50

and running a load test /w 100 concurrent actions
the disk cache would become corrupt every few minutes

we cranked up the setting as follows:

jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.MaxPurgatorySize=1000
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.OptimizeAtRemoveCount=1000
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.MaxRecycleBinSize=10000

and the corruption went away. But we're concerned that
we just delayed the corruption to happen with larger concurrent actions.

Is there some optimization rule of thumb for these setting?