jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Olivier Toromanoff <oliv...@fredhopper.com>
Subject Disk cache is missing entries
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2008 11:46:24 GMT
Hi,

I am currently trying to integrate JCS into a project mainly for its
disk based caching functionalities.

When the software starts up, I put a lot (few millions) entries into the
cache.
These entries will never change and will be accessed at runtime.

The problem that I have, is that some entries are missing when I try to
get them.

I read on this mailing list that it could be caused by the purgatory
that could discard some entries before to store them to the disk when
the queue becomes too long.
What would be the best configuration/best usage to solve this issue?
And if you think it is caused by something else, how can I prevent it?

Here is my current configuration:

# DEFAULT CACHE REGION
# sets the default aux value for any non configured caches
jcs.default=DC
jcs.default.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
jcs.default.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=5000
jcs.default.cacheattributes.DiskUsagePatternName=UPDATE
jcs.default.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache
jcs.default.elementattributes.IsEternal=true

# CACHE REGIONS AVAILABLE
# Regions preconfigured for caching
jcs.region.mainregion=DC
jcs.region.mainregion.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=1200

# AUXILIARY CACHES AVAILABLE
# Primary Disk Cache -- faster than the rest because of memory key storage
jcs.auxiliary.DC=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCacheFactory
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCacheAttributes
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.DiskPath=data/caches
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.MaxKeySize=-1

Thanks,
Kind regards,
Olivier.