jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Finding cache.ccf
Date Sat, 05 Jul 2008 22:24:10 GMT
Hi all,

I am trying to configure JCS embedded within Apache Torque, which in
theory is as simple as creating cache.ccf and placing it in the classpath.

In practice, JCS.getInstance(region) returns null every time, and I have
spent the last few hours stabbing in the dark as to why.

Some questions:

- Is there a way that I can receive confirmation that JCS found a
cache.ccf file, and if so, where it found the file?

- If JCS did find the file, does JCS respond to configuration errors by
throwing an exception with a suitable error message, or blindly
returning null?

The following places for cache.ccf don't work:

- In the root of the jar containing the code that uses JCS
- In the /WEB-INF directory of the webapp that wraps the code
- In the /WEB-INF/classes directory of the webapp that wraps the code

The cache.ccf file looks like this:

# Default setup
jcs.default=
jcs.default.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
jcs.default.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=10000
jcs.default.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache

jcs.region.com_domain_Signature=
jcs.region.com_domain_Signature.cacheattributes=org.apache.stratum.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
jcs.region.com_domain_Signature.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=1200
jcs.region.com_domain_Signature.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.stratum.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache

Does anyone have any ideas?

Regards,
Graham