jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From "Bret Schuhmacher" <Bret.Schuhmac...@lombardi.com>
Subject RE: Really stupid question - can I cache any random object?
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2008 12:02:34 GMT
Niall,

Thanks for the reply.  I do appreciate your time.  However, I did find
that the minute I implemented Serializable and added just a single line
of code to my object to complete the Serializable implementation:
static final long serialVersionUID = 1;

everything started working.  Apparently the objects you cache, even if
you never plan to let the object leave your JVM, have to be
Serializable.

Thanks again for the reply!

Rgds,

Bret

jcs.default.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttribu
> tes
> jcs.default.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=10000

jcs.default.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memor