jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From "Bret Schuhmacher" <Bret.Schuhmac...@lombardi.com>
Subject Really stupid question - can I cache any random object?
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2008 04:08:37 GMT
Can I cache *any* object?  I get exceptions when I attempt to cache
objects I've created, although I can cache simple objects like Strings.
Unfortunately cache.put(String foo, myCustomObject bar) doesn't tell me
much more than the name of the class I'm trying to cache (i.e.
"myCustomObject").  It doesn't tell me why it threw the exception, it
just prints a stacktrace.  Like I said - it all works fine if I do this:
cache.put("foo", "bar"), but if I do cache.put("foo", new
myCustomObject()) it will fail.  I've even cast myCustomObject back to
Object, but it still doesn't like it.  Any way to get more verbose
messages out of the JCS code instead of just ERROR level?

Thanks,

Bret