jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Rick.Franci...@kohls.com
Subject Re: RMI Server failover
Date Thu, 15 May 2008 13:30:38 GMT
So far, this is working.  I am going to test this out some more.

I'm confused on what this setting did, my understanding was that if it was
set to false, objects would only be searched for in the primary server.
But if it was set to true, it would look for the object in the primary, if
it wasn't there, then it would look in the secondary, which is what we
didn't want it to do.

Am I thinking about this setting incorrectly?

Rick Francisco
Programmer Analyst - Information Services
Kohl's Department Stores
(262) 703 - 6790
rick.francisco@kohls.com

Aaron Smuts <asmuts@yahoo.com>
05/13/2008 03:20 PM
Please respond to
"JCS Users List" <jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org>

JCS Users List <jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: RMI Server failover

The objects are copied over passively.  You have to
enable cluster gets.  If the primary doesn't find it,
it will then go to the failover.

remote.cluster.AllowClusterGet=false

Change to:

remote.cluster.AllowClusterGet=true

Aaron

--- Rick.Francisco@kohls.com wrote:

> I have 2 servers set up, one as a primary and the
> other as a backup.  When
> I try to simulate a failure of the primary server,
> caching is working
> fine.  But when I try to restore the primary server,
> the objects taht were
> cached on backup don't seem to get carried over to
> the primary.
>
> I have a feeling this is a set up thing and want to
> know if the cache.ccf
> files are set up correctly.  The goal is to have 2
> JCS servers, one
> primary and one backup.  The primary and backup
> servers should stay in
> sync.  Once the primary comes back up, the backup
> should then revert to
> the primary and get in sync with the cached objects.
>  I'm new to JCS, but
> if anyone is able to help out, it would be great.
> Thanks!
>
> Client config.
>
> # PRE-DEFINED CACHE REGIONS
> jcs.region.leaseCache=RemoteFailoverCache

jcs.region.leaseCache.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes

jcs.region.leaseCache.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=100000

jcs.region.leaseCache.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache

jcs.region.leaseCache.cacheattributes.UseMemoryShrinker=false

jcs.region.leaseCache.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAttributes

jcs.region.leaseCache.elementattributes.IsEternal=true
> jcs.default.elementattributes.IsSpool=false
> jcs.default.elementattributes.IsRemote=true
> jcs.default.elementattributes.IsLateral=false
>
> # AUXILIARY CACHES

jcs.auxiliary.RemoteFailoverCache=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.RemoteCacheFactory

jcs.auxiliary.RemoteFailoverCache.attributes=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.RemoteCacheAttributes

jcs.auxiliary.RemoteFailoverCache.attributes.FailoverServers=a09050b4.tst.kohls.com:18352,a09050b3.tst.kohls.com:18352

jcs.auxiliary.RemoteFailoverCache.attributes.RmiSocketFactoryTimeoutMillis=600000

jcs.auxiliary.RemoteFailoverCache.attributes.RemoveUponRemotePut=false

jcs.auxiliary.RemoteFailoverCache.attributes.GetOnly=false

jcs.auxiliary.RemoteFailoverCache.attributes.Receive=true

#############################################################################################
> #PRIMARY SERVER:
>
> # Registry used to register and provide the
> IRemoteCacheService service.
> registry.host=localhost
> registry.port=18352
>
> # Call back port to local caches.
> remote.cache.service.port=1102
>
> # Cluster setting
> remote.cluster.LocalClusterConsistency=true
> remote.cluster.AllowClusterGet=false
>
> jcs.default=RemoteClusterCache
> #jcs.default=

jcs.default.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
> jcs.default.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=100000

jcs.default.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache
> jcs.default.cacheattributes.UseMemoryShrinker=false

jcs.default.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAttributes
> jcs.default.elementattributes.IsEternal=true

jcs.auxiliary.RemoteClusterCache=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.RemoteCacheFactory

jcs.auxiliary.RemoteClusterCache.attributes=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.RemoteCacheAttributes

jcs.auxiliary.RemoteClusterCache.attributes.RemoteTypeName=CLUSTER

jcs.auxiliary.RemoteClusterCache.attributes.RemoveUponRemotePut=false

jcs.auxiliary.RemoteClusterCache.attributes.ClusterServers=a09050b3.tst.kohls.com:18352

jcs.auxiliary.RemoteClusterCache.attributes.GetOnly=false

#############################################################################################
> #BACKUP SERVER
>
> # Registry used to register and provide the
> IRemoteCacheService service.
> registry.host=localhost
> registry.port=18352
>
> # Call back port to local caches.
> remote.cache.service.port=1102
>
> # Cluster setting
> #remote.cluster.LocalClusterConsistency=true
> #remote.cluster.AllowClusterGet=true
>
> #jcs.default=RemoteClusterCache
> jcs.default=

jcs.default.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
> jcs.default.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=100000

jcs.default.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache
> jcs.default.cacheattributes.UseMemoryShrinker=false

jcs.default.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAttributes
> jcs.default.elementattributes.IsEternal=true

#jcs.auxiliary.RemoteClusterCache=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.RemoteCacheFactory

#jcs.auxiliary.RemoteClusterCache.attributes=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.RemoteCacheAttributes

#jcs.auxiliary.RemoteClusterCache.attributes.RemoteTypeName=CLUSTER

#jcs.auxiliary.RemoteClusterCache.attributes.RemoveUponRemotePut=false

#jcs.auxiliary.RemoteClusterCache.attributes.ClusterServers=a09050b4.tst.kohls.com:18352