jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From "Jorge Medina" <jmed...@e-dialog.com>
Subject RE: Does JCS use multi-threading?
Date Tue, 20 May 2008 18:42:15 GMT
For sure it uses a thread to remove entries if you specify the use of
the shrinker and the elements are not eternal.

If you just want a limited size LRU map, you may look at Jakarta Commons
Collections.

-----Original Message-----
From: Debasis Bhattacharyya [mailto:debsonchat@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2008 11:43 AM
To: jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Does JCS use multi-threading?

As I see, some time JCS memory cache is slower than expected. I am
comparing with my hand-coded memory cache using hashMap. JCS is much
slower than the other one. This trade off is compensated by features
like shrinking, expiry etc, I believe. Now, question here is will JCS be
faster in an multi-processor server? It can be faster if it uses
multi-threading internally to do jobs like cleaning, expiry etc.
  I thought of asking the community before checking the code. Any
comment?
  Thansk in advance.