jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From "Jorge Medina" <jmed...@e-dialog.com>
Subject RE: JCS data retrieval is slower than database!!
Date Thu, 15 May 2008 17:46:19 GMT

If you just want a memory-only cache, then you do not need Disk Cache
(DC) nor lateral cache (LTCP).

As for the concepts, they are explained at
http://jakarta.apache.org/jcs/getting_started/intro.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Debasis Bhattacharyya [mailto:debsonchat@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2008 10:47 AM
To: jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: JCS data retrieval is slower than database!!

Hi,

  I am trying to get a grip over JCS. I am able to get it working but
not sure what I am doing wrong. I am putting 1000 objects in JCS. While
retrieving these data, JCS is giving slower performance than what
database is giving. Following is my configuration file. Any idea, tip,
suggestion is greatly appreciated. Also, could you refer me to any study
material about JCS. The terminologies like region, LTCP, DC are not very
clear to me.

  # DEFAULT CACHE REGION
  jcs.default=DC,LTCP
  jcs.default.cacheattributes=
    org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
jcs.default.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=10000
jcs.default.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=
    org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache
  # PRE-DEFINED CACHE REGIONS
  jcs.region.testCache1=DC,LTCP
jcs.region.testCache1.cacheattributes=
    org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
jcs.region.testCache1.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=1000
jcs.region.testCache1.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=
    org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache
jcs.region.testCache1.cacheattributes.UseMemoryShrinker=true
jcs.region.testCache1.cacheattributes.MaxMemoryIdleTimeSeconds=3600
jcs.region.testCache1.cacheattributes.ShrinkerIntervalSeconds=60
jcs.region.testCache1.cacheattributes.MaxSpoolPerRun=500
jcs.region.testCache1.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAtt
ributes
jcs.region.testCache1.elementattributes.IsEternal=false

# AVAILABLE AUXILIARY CACHES
jcs.auxiliary.DC=
    org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCacheFactory
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes=
    org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCacheAttributes
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.DiskPath=C:/Debs/cache
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.maxKeySize=100000
  jcs.auxiliary.LTCP=
    org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.lateral.LateralCacheFactory
jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes=
    org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.lateral.LateralCacheAttributes
jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.TransmissionTypeName=TCP
jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.TcpServers=localhost:1111
jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.TcpListenerPort=1110
jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.PutOnlyMode=false