jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Debasis Bhattacharyya <debsonc...@yahoo.com>
Subject Does JCS use multi-threading?
Date Tue, 20 May 2008 15:43:01 GMT
As I see, some time JCS memory cache is slower than expected. I am comparing with my hand-coded
memory cache using hashMap. JCS is much slower than the other one. This trade off is compensated
by features like shrinking, expiry etc, I believe. Now, question here is will JCS be faster
in an multi-processor server? It can be faster if it uses multi-threading internally to do
jobs like cleaning, expiry etc.
  I thought of asking the community before checking the code. Any comment?
  Thansk in advance.