jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Aaron Smuts <asm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JCS data retrieval is slower than database!!
Date Thu, 15 May 2008 22:47:39 GMT
What is the log level set to?  You cannot run JCS in
debug.

When debugging a problem, it's generally best to
isolate and then expand out.  Test with the simplest
configuration and then then add more if you don't see
the problem.  You should try testing without disk or
lateral auxiliaries.  . . .

DC and LTCP are simply logical names for the
auxiliaries.  They could be called anything.  The name
is specified in auxiliary configuration.  Try going
over the documentation again.  If it's not clear, then
ask a more specific question.

Aaron

--- Debasis Bhattacharyya <debsonchat@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   I am trying to get a grip over JCS. I am able to
> get it working but not sure what I am doing wrong. I
> am putting 1000 objects in JCS. While retrieving
> these data, JCS is giving slower performance than
> what database is giving. Following is my
> configuration file. Any idea, tip, suggestion is
> greatly appreciated. Also, could you refer me to any
> study material about JCS. The terminologies like
> region, LTCP, DC are not very clear to me.
>
>   # DEFAULT CACHE REGION
>   jcs.default=DC,LTCP
>   jcs.default.cacheattributes=
>     org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
> jcs.default.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=10000
> jcs.default.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=
>     org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache
>   # PRE-DEFINED CACHE REGIONS
>   jcs.region.testCache1=DC,LTCP
> jcs.region.testCache1.cacheattributes=
>     org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes

jcs.region.testCache1.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=1000

jcs.region.testCache1.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=
>     org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache

jcs.region.testCache1.cacheattributes.UseMemoryShrinker=true

jcs.region.testCache1.cacheattributes.MaxMemoryIdleTimeSeconds=3600

jcs.region.testCache1.cacheattributes.ShrinkerIntervalSeconds=60

jcs.region.testCache1.cacheattributes.MaxSpoolPerRun=500

jcs.region.testCache1.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAttributes

jcs.region.testCache1.elementattributes.IsEternal=false

> # AVAILABLE AUXILIARY CACHES
> jcs.auxiliary.DC=

org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCacheFactory
> jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes=

org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCacheAttributes
> jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.DiskPath=C:/Debs/cache
> jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.maxKeySize=100000
>   jcs.auxiliary.LTCP=
>
> org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.lateral.LateralCacheFactory
> jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes=

org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.lateral.LateralCacheAttributes

jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.TransmissionTypeName=TCP

jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.TcpServers=localhost:1111