jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Aaron Smuts <asm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Re-configure Remote cache Aux
Date Thu, 15 May 2008 22:39:56 GMT
"Hot" configuration changes are not supported.  You
can change the default region attributes, but once
configured, you cannot reliably change any auxiliary
settings.  A restart is currently required.

I'm working on a way to make it possible to change
auxiliary configurations on the fly.  I have setups
that use a dozen remote server boxes, partitioning the
data between half a dozen clusters.  I too would like
to make it possible to change an ip address or port on
the fly.

Aaron

--- "Mohammed, Yaseen "