jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Debasis Bhattacharyya <debsonc...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Re: JCS data retrieval is slower than database!!
Date Thu, 15 May 2008 20:03:23 GMT
Hi,

  Thanks for the response. It was interesting.
  I got two points:
  First, memory cache is fast.
  second: Lateral and disk cache can be slow depending upon usage of  cached objects.

  So, how to turn my program to use only memory cache? Should I make the first few lines in
the config file look like this and leave the rest unchanged?

  jcs.default.cacheattributes=
    org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
jcs.default.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=1000
jcs.default.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=
    org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache

  Is that all I need to do? You know, I tried this and it is as slow as it was..
  Another question regarding disk cache. I have given local path in the config file and was
assuming it would put something in that folder after cache is oversized/ over it's given time.
But it never put anything?? I think I am missing something.. I read the intro in apache website.
It's very brief. Is ther any other source in the net?

  Thanks again.