jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Szmajda <j...@loki.ws>
Subject Re: Hot / on-the-fly update of config
Date Sun, 25 May 2008 21:09:09 GMT
I have need to track what keys are present in my cache, and I use a
combination of an ArrayList of what keys I'm using and a lock to avoid
two servers updating that arraylist simultaneously. I don't track all
keys in my caches this way, but for the cache where this matters it
works quite well, and is quick.

It would be convenient if there were an API-level method for creating
this behavior on certain regions, however. I'd love to see a
configuration option present. It would be fairly trivial to implement, I
think.

-Josh