jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From "Mohammed, Yaseen " <Yaseen.Moham...@tais.toshiba.com>
Subject Re-configure Remote cache Aux
Date Wed, 14 May 2008 23:38:30 GMT
Hi,

I am using JCS with a RemoteCache auxiliary and failover servers. I am
on jcs1.3 and jdk 1.4

I am trying to reconfigure CompositeCacheManager without restarting the
server.

For instance, changing the port number for the failover server without
needing an application restart.

Here is the code snippet

        cacheMgr = CompositeCacheManager.getInstance();

        cacheMgr.release();

        cacheMgr.shutDown();

        try{

            Thread.sleep(10000);

        } catch (InterruptedException e) { }

        cacheMgr = CompositeCacheManager.getUnconfiguredInstance();

        cacheMgr.configure("/cache.ccf");

I observed that "shutdown" call flags the listeners on remote cache
server as "not working". [Any "put"s, "remove"s are not queued up for
these listeners, once these are marked as "not working"]

However, after reconfiguring the cache manager, the old listener id is
re-assigned to the cache regions at the client.

>From this point onwards any "remove"s on the remote cache server are not
propagated to the client.

After reconfiguring cache manager, I would expect a new listener Id to
be assigned and the client to be treated as a new client to the remote
cache server.

After going through all the mail-archives in this group, I found a
reference that suggests that shutdown does not release auxiliaries like
remote and lateral caches.

If yes, was this issue fixed?

Thanks in advance,

YM

This message may contain confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient
of this e-mail, do not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail and delete this e-mail
from your system.