jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Debasis Bhattacharyya <debsonc...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Re: Re: JCS data retrieval is slower than database!!
Date Fri, 16 May 2008 21:25:14 GMT
Thanks again. It cleared some of my ignorance. Now atleast some part is working.
  BUT -
  I don't know why the cache is now caching no more than 98 elements!!!
  Following is my config file and instantiating like this:
  "myCache = JCS.getInstance("memoryCache");"
  My code is taking objects available from cache and for the rest going to database. Also,
code is putting the new objects in the cache for future use. But no matter what, the cache
is not storing any more than 98 objects!!
  Any pointer to what I am doing wrong would be greatly appreciated.

  Config file:

  # DEFAULT CACHE REGION
  # sets the default aux value for any non configured caches
jcs.default=
jcs.default.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
jcs.default.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=1000
jcs.default.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache
jcs.default.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAttributes
jcs.default.elementattributes.IsEternal=false
jcs.default.elementattributes.MaxLifeSeconds=600
jcs.default.elementattributes.IdleTime=1
jcs.default.elementattributes.IsSpool=true
jcs.default.elementattributes.IsRemote=false
jcs.default.elementattributes.IsLateral=true

  # LRU Memory Cache
jcs.region.memoryCache=
jcs.region.memoryCache.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
jcs.region.memoryCache.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=1000
jcs.region.memoryCache.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache
jcs.region.memoryCache.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAttributes
jcs.region.memoryCache.elementattributes.IsEternal=true
jcs.region.memoryCache.elementattributes.MaxLifeSeconds=3000
jcs.region.memoryCache.elementattributes.IdleTime=2000
jcs.region.memoryCache.elementattributes.IsSpool=true
jcs.region.memoryCache.elementattributes.IsRemote=true
jcs.region.memoryCache.elementattributes.IsLateral=true