jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From trekmbikes <s...@slickapps.com>
Subject Re: Hot / on-the-fly update of config
Date Sun, 25 May 2008 18:25:55 GMT

>From Aaron Smuts, developer of JCS, via email:

I've never encountered your need before--to update the
element attributes on all the items in the cache.
Perhaps there is a better solution to your larger
problem.

Retrieving all keys can be problematic if you have a
remote configuration.  I don't want API calls that
only work for some configurations.  I'm still thinking
about this, and have been for some time.

The best way to to update the element attributes for
all the items, would be to have the cache do it for
you.  It can make sure none slip through during the
process, etc.  This would be expensive for the disk
cache!

Let's move the discussion to the list.

Aaron