jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Szmajda <j...@loki.ws>
Subject JCS remote server
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2008 14:11:36 GMT
Hey all,

I've got a JCS remote cache server running on a machine and every now
and then it will spiral out of control and lock the machine. I have no
idea yet what's causing this, I've just put some extra measures in place
to capture the logs from when it happens. My solution at this point is a
cron job that checks now and then for excessive cpu usage and restarts
the cache server. I'd like to be able to not worry about it, though :).

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
-Josh

P.S. it's running on ubuntu-server (kernel 2.6.22-14-server).
I have up to 16 remote listeners connecting to any given region.
(probably 20 application instances in all).
Puts grow at a rate of about 400 per second.
I pass these options to java: "-Xms128m -Xmx2000m"
And here's my simple remote.cache.ccf:

registry.host=localhost
registry.port=10021
remote.cluster.LocalClusterConsistency=true
remote.cluster.AllowClusterGet=true

jcs.default=DC
jcs.default.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
jcs.default.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=10000
jcs.default.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache
jcs.default.cacheattributes.UseMemoryShrinker=true
jcs.default.cacheattributes.MaxMemoryIdleTimeSeconds=3600
jcs.default.cacheattributes.ShrinkerIntervalSeconds=60
jcs.default.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAttributes
jcs.default.elementattributes.IsEternal=false
jcs.default.elementattributes.MaxLifeSeconds=86400
jcs.default.elementattributes.IdleTime=7200
jcs.default.elementattributes.IsSpool=true
jcs.default.elementattributes.IsRemote=true
jcs.default.elementattributes.IsLateral=true

jcs.auxiliary.DC=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCacheFactory
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCacheAttributes
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.DiskPath=/var/tmp/jcsServer
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.MaxPurgatorySize=10000
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.MaxKeySize=100000
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.OptimizeAtRemoveCount=300000
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.OptimizeOnShutdown=true
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.MaxRecycleBinSize=7500