jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From "Tim Cronin" <tcro...@interwoven.com>
Subject RE: cache corruption
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2008 17:50:41 GMT
Thanks for the information.

We use 1.5 as well and it would be nice to standardize
on that.

Do you know if the Block Disk Cache is any more reliable
than the indexed it seems like the impl is simpler?

-----Original Message-----
From: Al Forbes [mailto:forbes.al@googlemail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 11:28 AM
To: JCS Users List
Subject: Re: cache corruption

The project is not really actively developed - it has the features
most folks require so it's mostly in maintenance mode.

If there are defects they are generally very difficult to reproduce.
Personally I do not think it is worth tracking down
threading/synchronization until we move to jdk1.5. We could try using
the back-ported concurrent library, but I'm not sure that offers much
benefit. With so few changes, any change using the standard jdk15
library could easily be back-ported to the jdk13 version of JCS.
Jdk1.5 is already 3.5 years old, so most people have upgraded.

But Aaron is the biggest contributor, so it's really up to him to
decide.