jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Configuring JCS with your own properties
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2008 17:22:56 GMT
Hi all,

I have been trying to find a way to convince JCS v1.3 to initialise the
JCS object using user provided properties. The default way forces you to
embed your config files inside your jars, and we want to be able to
configure our software without bing forced to recompile it to do so.

So far we have found this entry in the FAQ:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jcs/faq.html#manual-configuration

The trouble is this faq entry only answers half the question. It shows
you how to create a CompositeCacheManager object, but there is no clear
way from there to arrive at a JCS object.

Does anyone have a quick piece of code to explain how this might be done?

Regards,
Graham