jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From "Gattu, Praveen" <prave...@amazon.com>
Subject RE: JCS and JMX
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2008 22:47:45 GMT
Al - Thanks for the email. I have my apllication built and running in jdk1.5, so I am hoping
I should be able to create Mbean, and get statistics from cache, to expose them through JMX.
Do you think it would be possible?

Thanks
-Praveen

-----Original Message-----
From: Al Forbes [mailto:forbes.al@googlemail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2008 12:37 PM
To: JCS Users List
Subject: Re: JCS and JMX

Hi Preveen

There is nothing in the code for JMX at the moment.

You could try adding something, but don't forget we are still stuck with JDK 1.3, so I'm not
sure how much success you will have.

Cheers,
Al

On 05/01/2008, Gattu, Praveen <praveeng@amazon.com> wrote:
> Folks - I was wondering does JCS come with any inbuilt JMX Mbean to expose cache statistics?
I am using jcs-1.2.7.3 and I want to expose cache statistics like number of hits per region,
cache/region sizes etc. and I figured exposing them through JMX would be better, as it would
give me a client to view these stats.