jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Aaron Smuts <asm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Is there a possibility of Duplicate Entry
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2007 18:36:50 GMT
I don't understand your reasons for asking the
question.   . . .  The short answer is no, I don't see
how you could have duplicate keys.  Why do you think
you have duplicates?

If you are using your own objects for keys, make sure
that they have proper hashcode and equals methods.   .
. .

Aaron

--- SACHIN MULE <sacha_mul@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>  I am using JCS Remote Caching Server.
>
> In the JCSAdmin.jsp, we are finding duplicate key
> entries. The objects associated with the key are
> different. Is there a possiblity that the Cache is
> storing duplicate key entries? This is happenning
> for
> one in a half-million entries.
>
> What precautions should be taken to avoid this
> situation??
>
> The CLIENT config is:
> **************************************
> jcs.region.mycache=RC

jcs.region.mycache.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
> jcs.region.mycache.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=100000

jcs.region.mycache.cacheattributes.UseMemoryShrinker=true

jcs.region.mycache.cacheattributes.ShrinkerIntervalSeconds=600

jcs.region.mycache.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache

jcs.region.mycache.elementattributes.MaxLifeSeconds=86400
> jcs.region.mycache.elementattributes.IsEternal=false
> jcs.region.mycache.elementattributes.IsSpool=true
> jcs.region.mycache.elementattributes.IsRemote=true
> jcs.region.mycache.elementattributes.IsLateral=true

jcs.auxiliary.RC=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.RemoteCacheFactory

jcs.auxiliary.RC.attributes=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.remote.RemoteCacheAttributes

jcs.auxiliary.RC.attributes.RemoveUponRemotePut=false

jcs.auxiliary.RC.attributes.RmiSocketFactoryTimeoutMillis=5000
> jcs.auxiliary.RC.attributes.GetOnly=false
> jcs.auxiliary.RC.attributes.Receive=true
> jcs.auxiliary.RC.attributes.GetTimeoutMillis=-1
> jcs.auxiliary.RC.attributes.RemoteHost=localhost
> jcs.auxiliary.RC.attributes.RemotePort=1102
> jcs.auxiliary.RC.attributes.LocalPort=1211
>
> The SERVER config is:
> registry.host=localhost
> registry.port=1102
> remote.cache.service.port=1102
> remote.cluster.LocalClusterConsistency=true
> remote.cluster.AllowClusterGet=true
>
> # sets the default aux value for any non configured
> caches
> jcs.default=

jcs.default.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
> jcs.default.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=200000

jcs.default.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache
> jcs.default.cacheattributes.UseMemoryShrinker=false

jcs.default.cacheattributes.MaxMemoryIdleTimeSeconds=100

jcs.default.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAttributes
> jcs.default.elementattributes.IsEternal=false
> jcs.default.elementattributes.MaxLifeSeconds=2000000
> jcs.default.elementattributes.IsSpool=true
> jcs.default.elementattributes.IsRemote=true
> jcs.default.elementattributes.IsLateral=true
>
> # Primary Disk Cache -- faster than the rest because
> of memory key storage

jcs.auxiliary.DC=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCacheFactory

jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCacheAttributes

jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.DiskPath=/usr/local/jcs-cache
> jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.MaxPurgatorySize=10000
> jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.MaxKeySize=10000

jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.OptimizeAtRemoveCount=300000