jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From "Takalkar, Jitendra" <jitendra.takal...@capgemini.com>
Subject RE: How can I disable the logging of JCS?
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2007 11:56:35 GMT

Hi Simon,

I can edit the log4j configuration file.

As per your solution I did the changes and added following entries to
disable the debug level logging for JCS and for rest logger I kept DEBUG
level.

<logger name="org.apache.jcs" additivity="false">
	  <level value="ERROR" />
	  <appender-ref ref="DEFAULT"/>
</logger>

And it works.

Thankful for your reply.

Regards

Jitendra Takalkar
-----Original Message-----
From: Horton Simon [mailto:Simon.Horton@uk.mizuho-sc.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 5:11 PM
To: JCS Users List
Subject: RE: How can I disable the logging of JCS?

Hi,

> How can I disable the logging of JCS without changing the level in
log4j.properties file?

Why are you not allowed to update the log4j.properties file?

If you add the following to the log4j.properties file it will tell log4j
to only log error level entries for JCS code, anything else using log4j
will continue to use the root default log level of debug.

log4j.logger.org.apache.jcs=ERROR

Alternatively, you could set the root default LOG4J log level to be
ERROR and then switch only your application code logging to debug, e.g.
if your code resides in a package called com.yourcode

log4j.logger.com.yourcode=DEBUG

Regards,
Simon