jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Marek.Cy...@equifax.com
Subject RE: Configuring Lateral TCP Cache Using UDP Discovery for Two Physical Servers
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2007 14:43:01 GMT

Even if these two machines have a switch (not firewall) between them, the
default TTL value for UDP is not sufficient. If I remember correctly, the
default value is 0 = no hops allowed. Moreover some switches have UDP
broadcasts disabled (to eliminate potential network floods), so you may
need to work with your network department to verify UDP broadcasts reach
the second machine.

Thanks,

Marek Cyzio
Equifax
(770)740-6610
Marek.Cyzio@equifax.com

             Pennstater
             <Mathew.R.Kline@c
             hase.com>                                                  To
                                       jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org
             04/27/2007 10:37                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: Configuring Lateral TCP Cache
             Please respond to         Using UDP Discovery for Two
             "JCS Users List"          Physical Servers
             <jcs-users@jakart
               a.apache.org>

Both physical servers are up and running... All Tomcats are up and running.

After making changes to cache.ccf, I have been restarting the Tomcat
services on the physical servers (albeit very early in the morning).

With the cache.ccf file set on each server as described below, I do not
receive any JVM_BIND errors.

There is no firewall between the two servers (corporate has a firewall to
the outside world, but that's it.  The two machines are housed in the same
data center.)

I take it that my cache.ccf files for each server are configured properly?

Does reloading the webapp (through Tomcat's Manager interface) kill the
Lateral TCP Cache and the object within it, and allow changes to the
cache.ccf file to take effect?  Or, do I need to completely restart the
Tomcat services each time I make a change to cache.ccf?

It is difficult for me to test because our UAT and Prod environments are
different (UAT is one physical server with two Tomcats running on it -
caching worked great on it.  Plus I could restart the services at pretty
much any time of the day).

I am going to try setting up our Dev server and UAT server to mimic our
Prod
environment (Dev is also one physical server with two Tomcats.)  The only
issue I could see there is that Dev and UAT are in two different
datacenters, but they are all on the same network (essentially).

Thanks for your reply.

Matt

This message contains information from Equifax Inc. which may be
confidential and privileged.  If you are not an intended recipient, please
refrain from any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this
information and note that such actions are prohibited.  If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify by e-mail
postmaster@equifax.com.