jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From "Zsolt Varszegi" <zs...@switchfire.com>
Subject RE: Iterating
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2007 12:04:41 GMT
Hi,

JCS supports the concept of groups within a region, it is able to
retrieve a Set of the keys of cached objects belonging to a group for
example. (The user manual does not say too much about this functionality
but you could check out the API of
org.apache.jcs.access.GroupCacheAccess.) One solution could be to put
every object you need to iterate through within the same group.

Hope this helps,
Zsolt

-----Original Message-----
From: Joshua Szmajda [mailto:josh@loki.ws]
Sent: 06 April 2007 13:17
To: jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Iterating

Hi,

I'm using JCS to replace my current cache system for a webapp, and I
need to be able to iterate through at least one region of the cache in
order to mimic the ServletContext's functionality. Is this possible?
I've been searching the mailing list archives and the API docs and
haven't found anything.

If this isn't possible, is there a good way to do this? I was thinking
I'd just put an ArrayList in the cache with all the keys to the cached
elements in it.

Thanks!
-Joshua Szmajda