jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From "Tim Cronin" <tcro...@interwoven.com>
Subject RE: New Release w/o util.concurrent library?
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2007 14:43:23 GMT
I can testify that we have jcs working /w out error at many customer
sites running production web farms.

The code is solid.

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Everman [mailto:everman@precedadesign.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2007 1:21 AM
To: JCS Users List
Subject: Re: New Release w/o util.concurrent library?

Its just unsupported code at this point and it seems to come from
someone's personal webpage.  This isn't really the type of thing I
want to put in a production project, is it?  I trust that the
author's intentions are good, but the source seems a bit sketchy,
especially for something that provides threading support, which is
inherently complex.  I'd feel more confident if it were an actively
developed project from a known source, or preferably, if the
dependency were removed all-together because it seems like the need
for it is based on JDK 1.3.

--ee