jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From "Jon Barber" <jbar...@Lastminute.com>
Subject RE: New Release w/o util.concurrent library?
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2007 07:40:14 GMT
Errr, Doug Lea is hardly an unknown source. You might want to look at
the books he's authored and reconsider.

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Everman [mailto:everman@precedadesign.com]
Sent: 03 April 2007 07:21
To: JCS Users List
Subject: Re: New Release w/o util.concurrent library?

Its just unsupported code at this point and it seems to come from
someone's personal webpage.  This isn't really the type of thing I want
to put in a production project, is it?  I trust that the author's
intentions are good, but the source seems a bit sketchy, especially for
something that provides threading support, which is inherently complex.
I'd feel more confident if it were an actively developed project from a
known source, or preferably, if the dependency were removed all-together
because it seems like the need for it is based on JDK 1.3.

--ee