jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From "Aleksandar Matijaca" <amatij...@gmail.com>
Subject newbie questions
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2007 15:51:59 GMT
Hi there,
I have downloaded JCS (latest version I believe), and I have had some
limited success with it.
I am using TCPLateral cache, since I don't know of any available directories
in production where
it can store messages...

So, I am using this TCPLateral cache instead, my questions are:

1)  I have deployed a small web app on two different machines, and could see
from the log
messages that they are "discovering" each other.  This is all good and well,
but when I stick
something into the cache on machine A, I see that value in another servlet
on machine Ano
problem (JCS is static).  However, I do NOT see that same value on machine B
(same program,
same cache name, same config ccf file etc..).

So the quesiton is:  What is the real purpose of the networking and
"discovery" functions of
TCP Lateral cache, if I am NOT able to see that same cached value on ALL my
machines which
are using the cache with the same config, same net etc...???

2)  If in question 1, I AM able to use TCP Lateral cache as a true
distributed cache, what would
a "proper" cache config look like?

3)  What is the preferred and simplest way to do distributed caching??

4)  Is there a simple "hello world" for a distributed cache, including code
and config?

I am including a copy of my config on machine A and machine B.

Thank you.
Alex.

MACHINE A

# DEFAULT CACHE REGION

jcs.default=LTCP
#jcs.default=DC,LTCP
jcs.default.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
jcs.default.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=1000
jcs.default.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache

# PRE-DEFINED CACHE REGIONS

jcs.region.testCache1=LTCP
#jcs.default=DC,LTCP
jcs.region.testCache1.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
jcs.region.testCache1.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=1000
jcs.region.testCache1.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache
jcs.region.testCache1.cacheattributes.UseMemoryShrinker=true
jcs.region.testCache1.cacheattributes.MaxMemoryIdleTimeSeconds=3600
jcs.region.testCache1.cacheattributes.ShrinkerIntervalSeconds=60
jcs.region.testCache1.cacheattributes.MaxSpoolPerRun=500
jcs.region.testCache1.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAttributes
jcs.region.testCache1.elementattributes.IsEternal=false

# AVAILABLE AUXILIARY CACHES
#jcs.auxiliary.DC=
org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCacheFactory
#jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes=
org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCacheAttributes
#jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.DiskPath=/
#jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.maxKeySize=100000

jcs.auxiliary.LTCP=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.lateral.socket.tcp.LateralTCPCacheFactory
jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.lateral.socket.tcp.TCPLateralCacheAttributes
#jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.TcpServers=
jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.TcpListenerPort=1119
jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.UdpDiscoveryAddr=228.5.6.10
jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.UdpDiscoveryPort=6780
jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.UdpDiscoveryEnabled=true
jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.Receive=true
jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.AllowGet=true
jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.IssueRemoveOnPut=false
jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.FilterRemoveByHashCode=false

MACHINE B

[...]

jcs.auxiliary.LTCP.attributes.TcpListenerPort=1118