jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Pennstater <Mathew.R.Kl...@chase.com>
Subject RE: Configuring Lateral TCP Cache Using UDP Discovery for Two Physical Servers
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2007 14:37:43 GMT

Both physical servers are up and running... All Tomcats are up and running.
After making changes to cache.ccf, I have been restarting the Tomcat
services on the physical servers (albeit very early in the morning).

With the cache.ccf file set on each server as described below, I do not
receive any JVM_BIND errors.

There is no firewall between the two servers (corporate has a firewall to
the outside world, but that's it.  The two machines are housed in the same
data center.)

*** Begin: UPDATE ***
Not sure if this helps, but I did a tracert from one of the physical servers
to the other one.  Here are the results...

Tracing route to 1JIPWSTWSP02.texas.chase.com [10.75.91.83]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

  1   <10 ms   <10 ms   <10 ms  1JIPWSTWSP02.texas.chase.com [10.75.91.83]

Trace complete.

*** End: UPDATE ***

I take it that my cache.ccf files for each server are configured properly?

Does reloading the webapp (through Tomcat's Manager interface) kill the
Lateral TCP Cache and the object within it, and allow changes to the
cache.ccf file to take effect?  Or, do I need to completely restart the
Tomcat services each time I make a change to cache.ccf?

It is difficult for me to test because our UAT and Prod environments are
different (UAT is one physical server with two Tomcats running on it -
caching worked great on it.  Plus I could restart the services at pretty
much any time of the day).

I am going to try setting up our Dev server and UAT server to mimic our Prod
environment (Dev is also one physical server with two Tomcats.)  The only
issue I could see there is that Dev and UAT are in two different
datacenters, but they are all on the same network (essentially).

Thanks for your reply.

Matt