jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From "Cooper, Jeremy" <jeremy.coo...@retirementpartner.com>
Subject Thread Lockup/Slowdown?
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2007 17:00:06 GMT
On 2/1/2007 we had a problem where many of our web app threads were waiting for
org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache.verifyCache , See ThreadDumps below.

Any ideas on why this call would hang up most of our threads?  Additionally how could we prevent
it?

Thanks
Jeremy

Runnable:
daemon prio=5 tid=0x0084f280 nid=0xa9 runnable [7b5ff000..7b6019c0]      at org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache.verifyCache(LRUMemoryCache.java:639)
     at org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache.get(LRUMemoryCache.java:305)
- locked <
0x9f89b968> (a org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache)      at org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCache.get(CompositeCache.java:452)
     at org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCache.get(CompositeCache.java:413)
at org.apache.jcs.access.CacheAccess.get(CacheAccess.java:195)

All other threads:
daemon prio=5 tid=0x0084fe70 nid=0xaa waiting for monitor entry [7b500000..7b5019c0]
at org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache.get(LRUMemoryCache.java)      - waiting
to lock <0x9f89b968> (a org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache)      at
org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCache.get(CompositeCache.java:452)      at org.apache.jcs.engine.control.CompositeCache.get(CompositeCache.java:413)
     at org.apache.jcs.access.CacheAccess.get(CacheAccess.java:195)

The information contained in this message and any accompanying attachments may contain privileged,
private and/or confidential information protected by state and federal law. Penalties may
be assessed for unauthorized use and/or disclosure. This message and any attachments are intended
for the designated recipient only. If you have received this information in error, please
notify the sender immediately and return or destroy the information.

This e-mail transmission and any attachments are believed to have been sent free of any virus
or other defect that might affect any computer system into which it is received and opened.
It is, however, the recipient's responsibility to ensure that the e-mail transmission and
any attachments are virus free, and the sender accepts no responsibility for any damage that
may in any way arise from their use.