jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: Disable JCS Cache
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2007 08:49:34 GMT

> I have a cache definition configuration and would like to
> enable/disable
> caching using that configuration. Is maxObjects = 0 amount to
> disable the
> cache?

No....and if you are using diskstore as well, it merely indicates to not use memory cache,
and spool everything to disk immediately (not sure what happpens when diskstore disabled and
maxobjects = 0).

As I understand correctly, you want to enable/disable cache by configuration, right? So, this
is only done at startup, ok? Then, why would you ever want a disable jcs cache? I needed a
standard storing lately as well, and by configuration tell wether to cache or not. I added
a NOPCache, that is used when no caching is needed.

Ard