jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Aaron Smuts <asm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: IssueRemoveOnPut and back-and-forth removal
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 03:30:14 GMT
Are you using the lateral or the remote cache?  The
lateral has a setting called filter remove by hash
code.  This prevents removal if the hashcode is the
same.  This solves your problem.

If you are using the remote cache then you have a
different situation.

Let's say that B gets an element E from the db and
then adds it to the cache.  It goes to R (the remote
cache).   The remote cache issues a remove to all the
clients.  Clienbt A gets a request for the element E.
It checks its local cache and doesn't have it.  A then
checks the remote cache.  It finds the element and and
adds it locally.  (There is also a setting to add the
element to A when B adds it to the remote cache).

In extremely high traffic scenarios with low hit and
high put rates, I set the local memory size to 0 and
configure the clients of the remote cache to not
receive updates.

Aaron