jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Toback" <Michael.Tob...@chordiant.com>
Subject Sync on restart?
Date Fri, 15 Dec 2006 17:29:01 GMT
I am using a memory-based UDP Discovery lateral cache. All seems to work
great, but we are having some issues with failover.

Say multiple instances are running. The first instance unexpectedly goes
offline and is restarted.

Meantime, several pieces of information are placed into the cache on the
second instance. The broadcasting occurs, but no one is there to listen.

As I understand it, the first node will never see that data unless I
write some sort of recovery mechanism?

Michael I Toback
Principal Engineer
Orchestrating Business Processes
Chordiant Software
Cupertino, Ca 95014
(408)-517-6165

The information transmitted herewith is sensitive      information of Chordiant Software or
its customers and is intended only for use to the individual or entity to which it is addressed.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of, or taking
of any action in reliance upon, this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer.